Sunday, April 28, 2013

Green Green Grass of Home 4/28/2013

Good Morning. Blessed be your Sunday. I am starting today with a couple biscuits and some Door County Totally Nuts Coffee.

When I was a young teenager I used to love to listen my grandparents 8 track tape player. Now for you younger folks that was the next thing that came out after vinyl records. While other kids were listening to the Rolling Stones or Bobby Sherman I would be listening to Dean Martin and Tom Jones. Both artists performed a version of a song called The Green Green Grass of Home. It basically talks about a man knowing that he will be executed in prison and then finally reach his home town where he will be laid beneath the green grass of home. He does not talk about reaching heaven for eternity. His goal is short of what is truly needed. (Lyrics posted below)
As I am writing this I can look out my window and see the grass of my lawn turning green. We have been blessed for many years to have a home and yard we love. Today has me thinking about my own mortality and that some day I will be laid beneath the grass in a cemetery within my town. But I really won't be there. What is left of my used up body will be. But I won't be there and I really don't care.. I will have joined my Lord and Savior in heaven. That's where you will find me.

Revelation 22:3-5

And there shall no longer be any curse; and the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His bond-servants shall serve Him; and they shall see His face, and His name shall be on their foreheads. And there shall no longer be any night; and they shall not have need of the light of a lamp nor the light of the sun, because the Lord God shall illumine them; and they shall reign forever and ever.


Philippians 3:20-21 For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ; who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory, by the exertion of the power that He has.

So my wife might plant me in a beautiful spot and there will be a stone to say where this heap of flesh was buried. But I won't be there. Your desire should be to spend eternity with God not just to visit me in heaven. So if you have not invited Jesus in as Lord and Savior do so today.

John 14:6
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me.


John 3:36
"He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."

Acts 4:12

"And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men, by which we must be saved."


Invite Him in today. I will see you on the green green grass of heaven!

God bless,
Marty

"Green, Green Grass Of Home"
The old home town looks the same,
As I step down from the train,
And there to meet me is my mama and my papa.
Down the road I look, and there comes Mary,
Hair of gold and lips like cherries.
It's good to touch the green, green grass of home.

The old house is still standing,
Though the paint is cracked and dry,
And there's the old oak tree that I used to play on.
Down the lane I walk with my sweet Mary,
Hair of gold and lips like cherries.
It's good to touch the green, green grass of home.

Yes, they'll all come to see me,
Arms reaching, smiling sweetly.
It's good to touch the green, green grass of home.

Then I awake and look around me,
At the four gray walls that surround me,
And I realize that I was only dreaming.
For there's a guard, and there's a sad old padre,
Arm in arm, we'll walk at daybreak.
Again, I'll touch the green, green grass of home.

Yes, they'll all come to see me
In the shade of the old oak tree,
As they lay me 'neath the green, green grass of home.

No comments:

Post a Comment