Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Administrative Assistants are Moms Too. 4/24/2013

Good Morning,

I will soon be off to work. A big hot cup of Door County Blue Berry Cobbler Coffee will be in my hand.

Today in the United States  We are celebrating Administrative Assistants Day. In my secular job I have been able to work with quite a few. For the past few years I have been blessed to have hired the one that works with me now. I will leave out her name so as to not cause her embarrassment. She is very organized, very prompt, tolerant of my computer inabilities, keeps me on time, reminds me of my targets, and watches out for me. She does a great job. But working with her these past few years I noticed another quality that stands out above the others. She is a single mom with a little girl. I see her work hard each day to provide for her daughter. She goes without to make sure her daughter doesn't. She does so much for her daughter and does not complain.

What I am saying here today. If you know a single mom, go ahead and let her know you appreciate all they do for their children. Ask God if there is something you can do to help. Pray for them but also do something practical. Bless them and let them see Jesus in you.

Isaiah 66:13 "As a mother comforts her child, so I will comfort you; and you will be comforted over Jerusalem."

I see Jesus in a lot of these moms. They know what sacrifice really is.

Have a great day.
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment