Thursday, April 25, 2013

Fertilizer 4/25/2013

Good Morning,
Starting my day with some Door County German Chocolate Cake Coffee. This is one I recommend to my friends who are chocolate lovers.

This past weekend we had one beautiful afternoon that afforded me enough time to lay down the first grass fertilizer treatment for our lawn. The winter was very hard here and caused the grass to sustain a lot of ice and snow damage. As I looked at the lawn it just seemed to be crying, "help me". I knew from past experience that it will not take long for weeds to grow instead of grass. The weeds would eventually overtake the grass and kill it off.

I look at life the same way. Some of the seasons of life that we go through are hard. Like grass we need to be nurtured and cared for. If not, life will overtake us and we will be choked by circumstances.

I see God as the Great Gardener who desires for us to flourish during and after tough seasons in our life. He desires to feed us spiritually through His word daily and protect us from the "evil one".

Deuteronomy 8:3 (NKJV)

3 So He humbled you, allowed you to hunger, and fed you with manna which you did not know nor did your fathers know, that He might make you know that man shall not live by bread alone; but man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the Lord.

Like lawns we need to be fed, trimmed and kept weed free. The only way to do this is through an intimate relationship with God who feeds us through prayer ( crying out for help) and through His word.
Open your bible today. Start the feeding asap.

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment