Friday, April 19, 2013

God where are you? 4/19/2013

Good Morning,

May the peace of Jesus fill you today. This morning I am drinking a large cup of Door County Highlander Grog Coffee.

Have you ever experienced the feeling that God just might not be with you at the moment? He seems awol? I am sure there are many people who have those feelings from time to time. Notice that the key word is FEELING. We can be deceived by our feelings. There are many days that I don't feel like getting out of bed, but I do. If I don't my employer won't be my employer for too long. I don't always feel like driving the speed limit, but if I don't it could get expensive! Don't trust in feelings.

What I have to do when these feelings come that God has abandoned me is to go back and read my journal and recall how many times God was there for me in the past. Basically I need to review the Godly markers of my life. This in turn always sends me to my Bible. Once reading  God's word and His promises to me, my faith renews  and I realize that it was the evil one deceiving me once again.

Here are some verses to help fight the "Where is God today blues".

  • When in sorrow: John 14 (John 14:1-Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.)
  • When men fail you: Psalm 27 (Psalm 27:10-When my father and mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up.)
  • If you want to be fruitful: John 15 (John 15:5-I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.)
  • When you have sinned: Psalm 51 (Psalm 51:2-Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.)
  • When you worry: Matthew 6:19-34 (Matthew 6:25-Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, nor yet for your body, what you shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?)
  • When you are in danger: Psalm 91 (Psalm 91:10-There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.)
  • When God seems far away: Psalm 139 (Psalm 139:3-Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.)
  • When your faith needs stirring: Hebrews 11 (Hebrews 11:6-But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.)
  • When you are lonely and fearful: Psalm 23 (Psalm 23:1-The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.)
  • When you grow bitter and critical: I Corinthians 13 (I Corinthians 13:2-And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
  • For Paul's secret to happiness: Colossians 3:12-17 (Colossians 3:17-And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.)
  • For understanding of Christianity: II Corinthians 5:15-19 (II Corinthians 5:15-And that He died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto Him which died for them, and rose again.)
  • When you feel down and out: Romans 8:31-What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
  • When you want peace and rest: Matthew 11:25-30 (Matthew 11:28-Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.)
  • When the world seems bigger than God: Psalm 90 (Psalm 90:17-And let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us: and establish thou the work of our hands upon us; yea, the work of our hands establish thou it.)
  • When you want Christian assurance: Romans 8:1-30 (Romans 8:1-There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.)
  • When you leave home for labor or travel: Psalm 121 (Psalm 121:8-The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.)
  • When your prayers grow narrow or selfish: Psalm 67 (Psalm 67:3-Let the people praise thee, O God; let all the people praise thee.)
  • For a great invention/opportunity: Isaiah 55 (Isaiah 55:6-Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon Him while He is near:)
  • When you want courage for a task: Joshua 1 (Joshua 1:9-Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.)
  • For how to get along with fellow men: Romans 12 (Romans 12:3-For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
  • When you think of investments and returns: Mark 10 (Mark 10:25-It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.)
  • If you are depressed: Psalm 27 (Psalm 27:14-Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.)
  • If your pocketbook is empty: Psalm 37 (Psalm 37:16-A little that a righteous man hath is better than the riches of many wicked.)
  • If you are losing confidence in people: I Corinthians 13 (I Corinthians 13:8-Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.)
  • If people seem unkind: John 15 (John 15:12-13-This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.)
  • If discouraged about your work: Psalm 126 (Psalm 126:6-He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.)
  • If you find the world growing small and yourself great: Psalm 19 (Psalm 19:13-Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.)
  • For dealing with fear: Psalm 34:7-The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear Him, and delivereth them.
  • For security: Psalm 121:3-He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: He that keepeth thee will not slumber.
  • For assurance: Mark 8:35-For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.
  • For reassurance: Psalm 145:18-The Lord is nigh unto all them that call upon Him, to all that call upon Him in truth.
  • When you think about Jesus's return: Revelation 1:6-8 (Revelation 1:6-8-And hath made us kings and priests unto God and His Father; to Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen. Behold, He cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see Him, and they also which pierced Him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of Him. Even so, Amen. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.)
  • When you wonder why Jesus died for us: John 3:16-17 (John 3:16-17-For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved.)
  • The Lord's Prayer: Matthew 6:9-13 (Matthew 6:9-After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed by thy name."
  • When you wonder about purposes: Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 (Ecclesiastes 3:1-To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under Heaven.")
  • When you need comfort: Psalm 23 (Psalm 23:1-The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.)
  • God bless your day,
    Marty

    No comments:

    Post a Comment