Thursday, February 28, 2019

I Tried To Think And Nothing Happened 2/28/2019

Good Morning World!

I just finished praying and walked into the kitchen as the Door County Light House Blend Coffee was finished brewing. It didn't take long to fill my mug and put a warm spot of coffee down the hatch.

Yesterday I was swarmed at work with questions that needed answers. It continued after I made it home. There came a time during the day when the questions and problems were coming so fast that I tried to think and nothing happened. That phrase comes from the Three Stooges and I use it now and then.



My brain went into overload and it shut down for a few minutes.  I closed my office door, let the phone ring and asked God to clear my head. The same thing happened when I got home. A phone call from a fella that I had called to bid on new air conditioning  for our house came in and he was asking to change our appointment time. Little did I know he was two houses away and would be there in seconds. The driveway needed snow removed. Rene had made an appointment to get a price on new garage doors and that guy showed up. "I was in the neighborhood and took a chance". My brain just froze. We got through it and I found myself retreating to the den for quiet time. No television, just soft music. soft lighting and it was time to pray. I asked God to lead me to His word on "Brain Overload".

I might be the only one that this happens to, but just in case I am not, here's what He had to say.

“Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.” ~ Philippians 4: 8 

“Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.” ~ Ephesians 6: 10-12

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” ~ Matthew 6: 34

“Your word is a lamp for my feet,
a light on my path.” ~ Psalm 119: 105


“There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.” ~ 1 John 4: 18

“I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.” ~ Psalm 139: 14


“See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands….” ~ Isaiah 49: 16

“Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.” ~ Psalm 23: 4

After reading these verses I was less overwhelmed and my soul was less burdened. My brain went back to work and I was able to make some good decisions last night regarding repairs for our home.


God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment