Friday, February 8, 2019

Overcoming Fear 2/9/2019 Good Morning World!

Good Morning World,

Today find me very tired as I write. I chased sleep, but just never seemed to catch it last night. So I am looking forward to my cup of Door County Caramel Apple Coffee in a big way.



Everyone experiences fear in some form during their life. Even the bravest of soldiers admit to having fear on the battlefield. Being in the middle of a war is a very good excuse for having your fear meter creep up a notch or two. Fear could strike a blow to a young child, leaving home for the first time when they have to attend school. No matter the issue, the person experiencing the fear, owns the fear and they are going through it. The Bible can be an amazing source of encouragement in the most fearful moments of life. We are heartened to trust in the love of God and pursue the righteous teachings of his Word, especially when we feel afraid.

I have attached some Bible verses for those time when fear has you in it's grip. For me, God's Word is where I go to combat fears that get to me now and then.

Isaiah 41:10 ESV
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand

1 John 1:9 ESV
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Philippians 4:6 ESV
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God

Romans 8:15 ESV
For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!”

Proverbs 3:5 ESV
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.

1 John 4:18-19 ESV
There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love. We love because he first loved us.

James 1:6-8 ESV
But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

Hebrews 4:12 ESV
For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart

These are just a few verses that I use for myself and give to others during times of fear, anxiety or panic.  If they help you today, pass them on to someone in need.

Have a wonderful day,

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment