Saturday, February 2, 2019

When God Speaks, We Have A Choice. 2/2/2019

Good Morning,

It's a little late to be writing for me, but my late start was caused by a stray dog, slippery driveway and my backside greeting the concrete yesterday. My knees didn't fail, but it was not going to be a good experience between me and that stray. Kind soothing words were not working on that dog. He wanted to fight with our Springer Spaniel who would have been out sized and out classed. I called Gibbs away and had to swing a shovel (plastic) at the stray, causing me to lose my balance. The dog got the picture and left.  I decided to sooth my backside with some extra rest and now I am soothing my taste buds with some eggs, fresh rolls, and Door County Irish Creme Coffee.



Yesterday we talked about the fact that God still speaks to us. We agreed that we need to take time to listen to Him and check Scripture so we don't get confused or run a muck.

I have never heard of anyone refusing God's words of comfort during a crisis. It's when He speaks and wants us to make a change or changes in our life that we most often pretend not to hear or we ignore His request of us. God might ask us to donate from our heart and out of our abundance to someone. Well, that might lower the bank account and we worked hard for that money. We ponder the answer and decide to donate half of what the Holy Spirit laid on our heart. This is called a crisis of faith. Who's money is it anyway? It was given to us by God who provided a job. Can he replace it if He wants to? Yes.  We failed to follow the most important thing in listening to God. We must be obedient to Him.


Deuteronomy 11:1 New King James Version (NKJV)


11 “Therefore you shall love the Lord your God, and keep His charge, His statutes, His judgments, and His commandments always.

John 10:27 New King James Version (NKJV)
27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.

Some people say to me. " I haven't heard from God. he doesn't speak to me." I will always offer to pray with them, but I will ask this question. What did God ask you to do the last time you think He might have been speaking? They usually have an answer. I heard this answer once. "I hate a certain race of people, and my conscience has pointed that out." I responded with, that was the Holy spirit convicting you to change your ways. I suggest you go, and pray and ask God to help you deal with this hatred. He hasn't spoken because you did not do the last thing He asked of you" OBEDIENCE

Several times I have had people come up to me and say "I am not hearing from God" Usually after some prayer and questions I find out that these folks have been coming to church and enjoying  the fellowship and the preaching , but have never given their lives to Jesus Christ to be their Lord and  Savior. They lack the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

Friends, if any portion of this blog applies to you today make the change or changes God is asking of you. If you haven't invited Jesus into your heart and received the forgiveness of your sins, do so today. He stands at your heart's door asking to come in.

Matthew 11:28-29 New King James Version (NKJV)
28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am [a]gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Love to all,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment