Monday, February 4, 2019

Peace Be Still 2/4/2019

Good Morning,

The day began a few minutes ago for me and I just poured a cup of Door County Highlander Grog Coffee for myself. You could say I was an early bird this morning.



In life we might have a situational storm going on, illness, death in the family, panic attacks, loss of a job, a wayward spouse or child, major catastrophes, home repairs, or broken cars. Life just has plenty of storms in it for us.

I have found comfort in the following passage many times and thought I would share it. Just  knowing that Jesus is in the storm with me, and that He can calm even the fears that rage within me, gives me great comfort. I go to this verse often.

Mark 4:36-39 New King James Version (NKJV)
36 Now when they had left the multitude, they took Him along in the boat as He was. And other little boats were also with Him. 37 And a great windstorm arose, and the waves beat into the boat, so that it was already filling. 38 But He was in the stern, asleep on a pillow. And they awoke Him and said to Him, “Teacher, do You not care that we are perishing?”
39 Then He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, “Peace,[a] be still!” And the wind ceased and there was a great calm.

You might be the one this was written for today. The life storm is filling your boat and you are sinking. Jesus can calm your fears, set you on the straight course and finish the journey with you. Why don't you call on Him before you lose your way and let Him turn the darkness into day. Many times the troubles in the day, cause us to have a hurricane of the heart. The greatest storms are the one that rage deep in our minds, and souls.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment