Sunday, February 24, 2019

Letter Of Recommendation 2/24/2019

Good Morning World!

It is good to be moved back into my den after all those weeks of working from the kitchen table. The journey up the stairs is a little slow yet and the journey down even slower. But I call each trip therapy! I am enjoying a cup of Door County Irish Creme Coffee and watching it snow as I write. It's the little things that make life normal again.



Today I have the privilege of writing a letter of recommendation for a young man who used to be a member of our church. He called yesterday and politely asked if I would consider doing so. He has the opportunity to practice and study in his field of learning in the country of Kenya. I have no problem whatsoever giving him a recommendation at all.


Proverbs 22:6 New King James Version (NKJV)
[a]And when he is old he will not depart from it.

Train up a child in the way he should go,

Why is that?
1. He will represent God. himself and his family in a way that all three in a way that all three will end up being proud.
2. I have witnessed him being faithful to duties at church and at home for many years.
3. He is an excellent student.
4. I have never known him not to be trustworthy.
5. This opportunity is right in the field of his passion.
6. I know for sure that he and his family have prayed about this.
7. Lastly he called and asked in person for the letter. He did not hand out my email address, phone
    number, or just send a form to the house expecting a letter to be written. He asked. 99% of the
    I am surprised when I receive a call from prospective employers or schools asking questions about
    a candidate who used me as a reference without asking me. This also shows me how this young
    man was raised. He has manners and is polite enough to ask, without assuming.
8. He completes what he starts.


Proverbs 22 :1-4 New King James Version (NKJV)
The Value of a Good Name
Loving favor rather than silver and gold.
The Lord is the maker of them all.
But the simple pass on and are punished.
Are riches and honor and life

22 A good name is to be chosen rather than great riches,
The rich and the poor have this in common,
A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself,
By humility and the fear of the Lord

His parents have done a great job and he is a credit to them and to God.

Friends, we take for granted now and then that everyone sees us as worthy to hire, promote or extend and opportunity to. Before you ask, for a recommendation and ask before you assume. think about this. Would you hire yourself? Do this before putting friends or family on the spot, not wanting to hurt your feelings by telling the truth. How does the resume of your life look to you?

Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment