Thursday, February 14, 2019

Let Me Call You Sweetheart 2/14/2019 Good Morning World!

Good Morning World!

Today is Valentines Day in the United States, and I started mine by having breakfast made for my wife. She has to work today and I am in my last full week of knee surgery recovery, and will be home today. So sausages wrapped in biscuits with a banana on the side was my way of showing my love today I kept my eyes open with a cup of Door County Dublin's Delight Coffee.

Mark 10:7-9 New King James Version (NKJV)
‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’; so then they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”

There will be a few men who will pop the marriage question today and ask their lady to marry them. An engagement ring will be given and then the poor fella has to wait, what seems to be an eternity for a yes or no answer from the lady.  Ladies, this takes great courage in some instances and for some it is easy, because they just know the answer will be yes.



In both cases the decision to ask someone to marry you or say yes to the question is a huge step, one that should never be taken lightly. Both people have one thing in common. God has given them their own life. It could last 30 years or 100 years. Only God knows that answer. Each person was created with a brain and in almost all cases they are self sufficient. They both might already have careers and good jobs. We will take for granted that they are fed and clothed. God designed us so in all reality, we really shouldn't need anyone else. Although I will concede that God did say that it wasn't good for man to be alone. ( Genesis 2:18) Before we were married Rene and I were both able to live on our own. We both had friends and made a decent living without each other. We enjoyed being together and grew to fall in love with each other. Yet  a decision had to be made by both of us.

The decision to take the one life God has given us and invite someone into it to share the next however many years we have, is the most unselfish decision I ever had to make. For Rene. it was the same. She wasn't saying yes to marry me out of need, it was that she decided to share her God given life with me.

Asking someone to be your permanent sweetheart and receiving an answer of yes is a gift that two people can give to each other that means so much. You are saying that I choose to share my God given gift with you, no matter what lies ahead. You both are accepting an unknown future. But it is the greatest gift you can give. I wish more people looked at it this way. So today as I look across the table I see someone who sad yes to my question and I am grateful that she allowed me to call her Sweetheart forever. But it was her choice to share her life with me and I with her. What started out as to single lives, has really become one life to live out together through the good and the bad.

So enough of this sappy chat. Cherish the life God gave you. Share it when you know it is the right time. Not out of need, but out of the desire to give the most precious gift you can give.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment