Friday, February 22, 2019

Back To Work, But Prayer First 2/22/2019

Good Morning World!

I started this Friday with prayer and a cup of Door County Vanilla Creme Brulee Coffee. Friday here I come.

Ephesians 6:18 New King James Version (NKJV)
18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints

Yesterday was my first day bavk to work after my knee replacements. It was eight weeks before I could walk in and man, my desk, phone, computer and issues of the day at the hospital. I am going to admit it and be honest. I anticipated seeing myself getting a ride home in an ambulance or the day being so tough that I would be loading my pant legs with ice and tying the bottoms closed with surgical tape. I expected to be a wreck.



It was a normal day, and all the people I work with were gracious to walk slow with me. I am still not up to full speed. We had a team lunch with my staff and before I knew it 4:30 PM arrived and I was headed for water therapy. I was walking on my own and my steps were still pretty lively. I have a goal of being able to duck hunt in October.

I said it was a normal day, but there was one difference. My phone rang early before I left and there was a text message wishing me well on my first day back. My nephew prays for me often and I knew he had just done that when he sent the message. Then I was instructed the day before by my friend to call him when I was about to pull out of the driveway. I did and he was up, out of bed and he prayed with me for a safe, productive day. I prayed for his healing with him. He has been laid up with a bum shoulder and is recovering from surgery. This guy, could have slept in, but thought prayer with me was more important. It was.

I made it through the day on the power of prayer. I went to the gym and ran laps in the pool and actually swam a few laps. I needed some small ice therapy after the workout. But through the day I felt surrounded by angels and prayer. I found out later that this same guy prayed for me throughout the day. When Rene and I were eating dinner she told me that she too was praying for me all day. I knew others were praying for me also. Somehow you could just feel the protection around me.

I didn't tell them but they will read this. I prayed for them too as well as my friends wife. Later yesterday I was told that she wasn't feeling well. I then knew why I was praying for her.

Funny thing, that "power of prayer"!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment