Friday, February 1, 2019

Hearing His Voice 2/1/2019

Good Morning,

I just came in from warming up the truck so I can take Rene to work today. One more morning in the deep freeze for us. The time was set just right on the coffee maker and it is delivering a pot of Door County Highlander Grog.





I think all to often many of us pray to God from something that looks like a grocery list. This shows we care about others and the needs of our days. We lay out our requests, ask forgiveness from sin, and thank God for a thing or two and then we disconnect.  We don't take time to listen and hear what God has to say.

John 10:27 New King James Version (NKJV)
27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.

God's number one way to speak is through the reading and meditation on His Word. My prayer time always includes reading my Bible, followed by some quiet time. The best way to know if God is speaking to you and not something rancid you ate an hour ago is to always check what you believe God said against the Bible, God will never contradict Himself.


Amos 3:7 New King James Version (NKJV)

Unless He reveals His secret to His servants the prophets.

Surely the Lord God does nothing,

The key for today is just to remember that God still speaks. But for today, this is enough. We will continue for a few days on God speaking and our response to Him

Have a great day.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment