Saturday, February 9, 2019

Good Morning World! Treat Her Like A Lady 2/9/2019

Good Morning World!

My cup of Door County Dublin's Delight Coffee is brewing now and soon I will be pouring a big cup of it to accompany my bacon and eggs.



I would like to talk about the term/ word lady today. Defined in the dictionary this way.

lady

[ley-dee]

noun, plural la·dies.


Yesterday I while attending a funeral there were a few of my friends from church and myself sitting and enjoying a snack and a cup of coffee in the church cafe. Two more of our church friends were looking to sit with us. I moved my coat and hat from a chair and said "Come on over ladies we have two seats here". Now the two friends I spoke of were a mother and daughter team. The daughter is fourteen years old. The fourteen year old replied "I am not a lady, I am a girl." She was not being disrespectful but assumed that being called a lady meant that she was old. I found this to be quite amusing. This family has four girls in it and I have never witnessed them being anything but nice young ladies. They were raised to be polite. They have the ability to interact with adults, be friendly and well spoken, as the definition above has stated. All four girls rate the term lady in my mind.
Their home is a place where God is worshiped and served. From little on I have witnessed them serve at church with their mother. They are hard workers and the family is known for it.

1 Timothy 3:11 New King James Version (NKJV)
11 Likewise, their wives must be reverent, not [a]slanderers, temperate, faithful in all things.

This week Valentines day will be celebrated and I see the term "lady" as a compliment. Men, Dads, Brothers, Boyfriends, it is important that not only this week that we treat our female friends, wives, and sisters as "Ladies", but everyday. It is important to let them know that the are esteemed in  our eyes. I still open doors for the ladies although I have been told it is not proper any longer to do so. I need to ask if it is OK first. I will pull out a shopping cart at the grocery store and hand one to the ladies before taking my own.I am old fashioned and I really don't care for the changes in manners that have come about. I agree that women are strong enough to open their own doors, get their own cart, seat themselves at a table, but in the presence of a lady we need to be polite, and considerate, showing respect at all times.

Call me Old Fashioned and an idiot if you want to. I will take it as a compliment.

Have a great day Ladies and Gentlemen.

Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment