Saturday, December 1, 2018

The First Day Of December 12/1/2018

Good Morning,

December arrived right on time. I for one have a lot going on in December. At the same time I am hoping to see it slow down enough to enjoy the Christmas Season. I started my December with a large mug of Door County Candy Cane Coffee. I think I will write about candy canes tomorrow.

John 6:38New King James Version (NKJV)
38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.

I have Christmas on my mind a lot lately and I am not sure why. I always talk big about Christmas being a hassle and how much work it is. But in all truth I am a "Christmas Softy". I do 90% of all the cooking in this house and I have already started planning my Christmas Brunch menu. The menu will probably change about 15 times before Christmas but never too early to start. Our Christmas cards are printed and we have purchased two gifts already.

Rene has started to pull the Christmas decorations out of storage. Once Thanksgiving is over it is time to start transforming the house into the winter collage known as our home.

I said that I have Christmas on my mind and I do. My memory has taken me to past Christmas days and Christmas Eve nights. If I close my eyes I can see all of those relatives of mine gathered together taking Polaroid pictures and then gathering around the table to eat a feast. I can feel my Grandmother pinching my cheeks and calling me some affectionate name in Italian.

I can see the Nativity scene placed in a spot of prominence in our home. It is there to remind us of how Jesus left Heaven to come as a baby to Earth, suffer, die and then be raised from the dead by the Father. The sacrifice of Jesus is the true gift of Christmas. But I believe every Christmas spent with family is another gift we should cherish. So with all that is going on in the world and families, who wouldn't be looking forward to Christmas?



I know that I am! Love you all.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment