Tuesday, December 11, 2018

What Gift Can We Give To God? 12/11/2018

Good Morning,

Tis the season to shop and later this month exchange gifts with those we love. As I think about that for a minute I will sip on my cup of Door County White Christmas Coffee.



I sat last night looking at all the gifts God has blessed Rene and I with. We have much to be grateful for, especially the gift of one another. So I pondered exchanging gifts at Christmas and I asked myself this question. If I were able to give God a gift what would I bring to Him? I certainly would not bring Him a pan of our best lasagna. He can make His own and it would be better than anything I could make. One doesn't bring God a pair of socks or a tie He doesn't need.

What we give God should be the gift that glorifies Him. How we respond to life and other people will be rooted in how we respond to God. Do we fight Him or do we glorify Him? How do we know? The answer is in how we are with our attitudes and mindsets; are we humble or proud? If we are proud, we are serving the devil, even though we may think we are serving ourselves. If we are humble, then we are serving our Lord. This strikes at the root of our mindset and motives for life.

The first gift we can give is the willingness to Submit. To submit means to obey, which means to line up under. It is a military term that means to "get in line" under the leadership of those who are more mature and capable. It is the surrender of our lives to God so we are in His will. We are urgently called to accept the absolute authority of God. We are under His authority whether or not we acknowledge Him. It does no good to fight God. 


James 4:7 English Standard Version (ESV)
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

1 Peter 5:6 New King James Version (NKJV)
Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time,

So instead of fighting with God, give Him the only gift that glorifies Him. Give Him your heart.

Have a great day!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment