Monday, December 31, 2018

Saying Farewell To 2018

Good Morning,

The Door County Wisconsin Harvest Blend Coffee just started brewing in the kitchen. I have a busy day ahead of me. Physical therapy for the knees, some lab work, and then hopefully the sutures will be removed today. The knee replacements started in 2018, will be a carry over for 2019.



As I pondered the world events of 2018 I saw a repeat of 2017. People are working again, but we still had mass shootings, terrorist attacks, drug abuse is at an all time high and wars are occurring all over the world. Sports have become part of politics and politics have become part of sports. Not much has changed in one year. I lost more hair. I am a year older and this last year showed up hard in my body and face.

There is however one thing that did not change at all and I for one count on that daily. God is my constant. He is my rock and my protector.


Isaiah 45:5-6 New King James Version (NKJV)

There is no God besides Me.
I will gird you, though you have not known Me,
That they may know from the rising of the sun to its setting
That there is none besides Me.
I am the Lord, and there is no other;

I am the Lord, and there is no other;

He does not change. Unlike my GPS unit that will need to be reprogrammed because of road changes. God's Word is unchangeable and does not need to be reprogrammed. 


Isaiah 40:8 New King James Version (NKJV)

But the word of our God stands forever.”
The grass withers, the flower fades,

Numbers 23:19 English Standard Version (ESV)
19 God is not man, that he should lie,
    or a son of man, that he should change his mind.
Has he said, and will he not do it?
    Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it?


God never fails. He does not change. As for me and my house we will follow Him.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment