Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Why Can't Every Month Be Like December? 12/4/2018

Good Morning,

The day has begun and I started it with prayer, some cereal. and a big cup of Door County Christmas Coffee. Now it is time to write,

I love December, not just because it gave me a few more days to hunt geese, or the fact that it usually brings some snow to blanket us with a coat of white flakes. I love the attitudes and behaviors that people display in December. I see people decorate their homes with festive lights and animated displays. I see Christmas shows on television. They are always happy go lucky shows. I hear choirs practicing for their Christmas plays or dramas. I see Nativity displays in yards or on the mantles in homes.

Matthew 1:23 New King James Version (NKJV)
23 “Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, “God with us.”


John 14:27 New King James Version (NKJV)

27 Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

I see more food drives to assist the needy. I take part in clothing drives to assist people who have been victims of crimes. I see God at work. The world has tried to remove Christ from Christmas. I must tell you that it has been an unsuccessful attempt to silence God. At Christmas we celebrate the birth of Jesus and His mission to be the Savior of the world. Some people deny His mission and His existence, yet they celebrate His birthday every year. They display attributes of Jesus when they share, show kindness and love on others. You just can't take Christ out of Christmas. No one can silence Him.

James 1:17 New King James Version (NKJV)
17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.

They will celebrate Christmas for as long as it takes for Jesus to return, because they actually like the joy He brings to us. Too bad the world only acts that way once a year, for one month. Why can't every month be like December?

God Bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment