Monday, December 10, 2018

The Cure For That Bug That Is Going Around 12/10/2018

Good Morning,
My coffee today is Door County Wisconsin Harvest Blend. And I am glad that it is extra hot this morning.

I must say that I am feeling a little bit under the weather today. There is a bug going around and I am doing my best to avoid it. So how do we turn this event of mine into a devotional?



I can only speak for me but I am sure that many of you do the same thing. I burn the candle at both ends. It seems that I cannot remember the last time I slept for seven hours. Busy, busy, busy. Going here, doing this or that, work, church, family, hobbies and just plain old stress. Then it comes. The fever, the aches, the runny nose or runny other ends. Yuck.

What does the Bible say?

Psalm 127:2 In vain you rise early and stay up late, toiling for food to eat--for he grants sleep to those he loves.

Sleep and rest. We need to be recharged. God set the example when after creating the world and all in it. He rested on the seventh day. God loves you and created us to be tired. It is the signal for us to sleep and rest. That is exactly what I did last night. Why read God's Word and not obey? I figure if God could create this world He sure can give me advice on how to stay healthy.

God Bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment