Sunday, December 23, 2018

On The Rehab Road 12/23/2018

Good Morning.

I just had my second cup of non hospital coffee since last Tuesday. The old Door County Jingle Bell Java Coffee was a a treat to say the least.



Here is the update and what I have learned so far since having both knees replaced last Wednesday. I learned to appreciate people. This would not be a journey that I would want to make alone. I believe God places miracle workers of compassion in our road to show us His love and care for us.


Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 New International Version (NIV)
    because they have a good return for their labor:
10 If either of them falls down,
    one can help the other up.
But pity anyone who falls
    and has no one to help them up.
11 Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
    But how can one keep warm alone?
12 Though one may be overpowered,
    two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken

Two are better than one,

My wife, Rene has been a warrior through this all. She just completed my morning therapy despite my whining. God blessed me with a wife beyond measure. Family has reached out with visits and help. Friends have been there right along with Rene. One close brother agreed to watch the therapy so he could coach me and push me along. He had to see me at my worst. It wasn't pretty. There is a commitment from other friends to bring meals by to help Rene as she concentrates on my therapy and the chores of the home. One friend brought a thermos bottle full of non hospital coffee yesterday to my hospital room. Was that a treat! Gifts of prunes and magazines were given to me. The prunes are now very handy.The surgeon has a sense of humor which I will leave for another day.

 The surgery team took "my time out call" to pray before they launched into their work with dignity for me and later I was visited by two who appreciated the prayer time. We held a little prayer service in the operating room. God is good.

My caregivers while in the hospital ranked "TOP NOTCH" . Compassion and drive to get me on my feet drove them to reach far and beyond.

God does some of His greatest work through willing servants. I want to thank the numerous people who texted, emailed or called. But the greatest glory goes to God for the army He assembled for my care. As I sit here with ice packs on my legs I see the forethought of a friend who said, "take these you will need more".

I did not want to take this journey of surgery and rehab. No one would, but it will be worth it.  I learned much so far. I saw God at work last week.

Have a great day.

Marty

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the message today. praying for a great recovery.

    ReplyDelete