Saturday, December 29, 2018

In Awe Of God 12/29/2018

Good Morning,

Door County Chocolate Cherry Creme Coffee has just filled my cup and I am ready to write. Our text today is one that is meant to be a reminder to all of us.


Habakkuk 3:2 New International Version (NIV)
    I stand in awe of your deeds, Lord.
Repeat them in our day,
    in our time make them known;
    in wrath remember mercy

Lord, I have heard of your fame;



We have all heard of the works of the Lord. I like to recall the parting of the Red Sea for Moses to lead the Israelites across to safety. Then the sea closed drowning the pursuing army. In the recollection of that awesome display,  I see God's power, His compassion and His wrath.

When was the last time you you stood back in awe of what God is doing around you? Maybe the birth of a child? Maybe the healing of cancer? How about the rising sun? How about the food on your table?  When I take a look at all God does daily in my life I cannot help to not be in awe. Before we head into 2019, recall 2018 and see where God carried you through a rough spot. Look at 365 perfectly planned sunrises. So much we take for granted and should not. What if He stops?

Let God know you love Him and are in awe of His work.

Love to all,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment