Friday, December 28, 2018

The Day After Christmas 12/28/2018

Good Morning,

The day  started for me with some Door County White Christmas Coffee. Nice! I am up early hoping to get outside for a short time. I need some fresh air.

Many people will are still out returning gifts or looking for bargains as stores try to empty their shelves.I will be staying at home working on the rehab process of two new knees.

Ecclesiastes 2:24 English Standard Version (ESV)
24 There is nothing better for a person than that he should eat and drink and find enjoyment in his toil. This also, I saw, is from the hand of God,

On Christmas Day we did a gift exchange with Rene's family. Many years ago Mother began to give each child a can of vegetables after she removed the identification label. Each kid owned a can and had no clue what was inside, Mother started to include me in on the  "Mystery Can". This is her little "Christmas Gag" to all of us. So as like every Christmas we all received one one mystery can. Rene and I will decide one night to open our cans and try to make a meal out of the contents. We will report back to her siblings next Christmas.

Why am I writing about this? It is harmless fun, the food all does get used and it has become a tradition. Friends do not forsake gathering together with family. New Years is coming and you might make the choice to "Party like it's 1995 or you might just decide to "hermit up". Let me suggest a small family get together with good food and some games. Start a tradition that lasts. Enjoy the simple.

God Bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment