Thursday, December 6, 2018

Saying I Love You With Action 12/6/2018

Good Morning,

I just heard the Door County Mocha Mint Coffee begin to brew in the kitchen. Very soon I will be going downstairs to sip that first cup and then head off to work.



A dear relative of ours  announced to all of us a few weeks ago that she is in a battle with pancreatic cancer. This floored all of us and for a time I was speechless. I thought that I if ignored it, the bad dream of this cancer attack would just go away. It didn't.

James 1:22 New King James Version (NKJV)
22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 

Of course we all started praying and many prayer warriors have been called upon to help with the prayers. It isn't a disease that we can do much about and our help is limited to caring and assisting any way we can. This is in the hands of God, the doctors and the nurses.

This bad news made me think about our childhood and how I sat across from my siblings eating bacon for breakfast. Bacon and toast would often be the beginning staples of our day, way back when. The word cancer causes many emotions and many actions. For me it has caused me to reminisce about better days and fond memories. Eating bacon for breakfast just happens to be one of those. This relative taught me to eat bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches.

I asked my wife Rene about sending her something that says we are thinking of you. She replied "send something that reminds you of past better days and of better days yet to come." A shipment of specialty bacon was ordered and sent last night.

Friends, sometimes we need to put our faith and love into action. Now even if this little gal does not eat the bacon her family will. We might feel helpless, but there is always something we can do to love, encourage or bring good cheer. We just can't wish it happens, we have to make it happen.

People won't always know they are loved unless we show it. Cards, letters, and small gifts are all tangibles that go with the words "I Love You."  It is important to say it, but we can also show our love in actions.

God bless.

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment