Saturday, December 15, 2018

It Just Didn't Happen. Humility Is A Hard Pill To Swallow 12/15/2018

Good Morning,

My Coffee today is Door County Bourbon Barrel Pound Cake. It goes well with my breakfast of Frosted Flakes and dried cherries. It is a good way to start the day, which will have me deep into a Bible study.
1 Peter 5:6 New King James Version (NKJV)
Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time,

Some of you are saying "I thought He was going to take time off for knee replacements". That was the plan and no I am not writing today from a hospital bed. The surgery could not take place due to some technical issues. It is rescheduled for another day next week.



Yesterday in my blog I promised to journal my experiences until I was feeling good enough to write and then I would share what I learned.

Here is what I learned. It just didn't happen. For whatever reason, God did not allow this surgery to take place. So to share today what I learned and it took most of the day to have this lesson sink in is humbling in itself. No matter how much planning you do God still holds the keys to the happenings of the day. This was a humbling experience for me in two ways. #1. I am a control freak and these circumstances were out of my control. This was my first dose of humility, a pill not easily swallowed by this guy.

Lesson #2 is another does of humility. God knew where I was, and what was going to happen. He knows the knees need replacing. For whatever reason He did not allow it to happen yesterday. In that my faith was tested, and my lack of inability to surrender to that showed me that I tried playing God yesterday. I made God small and me bigger. Instead of accepting the fact that God has another day planned for this, I grumbled and complained. I temporarily misplaced my trust in Him and and His ability to run the world and still know what's best for me. I am humbled and ashamed. I had to admit that I cannot run the world and I could not replace my own knees.

So day one of my adventure taught me this. Sometimes things happen outside of your control. But God is the One Who owns the day and the future.

Have a great day!

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment