Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Starting The New Year 1/1/2019

Good Morning,

I rang in the New Year with a cup of Door County Mocha Mint Coffee, cereal and dried cherries. During these days of physical rehabilitation for knee replacements, two ice packs accompanied me to my lap top.


Early this morning our Nephew Nick picked up Gibbs our hunting Spaniel and carried on the annual New Years Day pheasant hunt. We have been doing this for a lot of years. This is the first time I could not partake in the fellowship and hunt. Next year hopefully will be different, Lord willing.

This morning or last night, many people were making promises to do something different or quit doing something. This is the annual "New Year's Resolution."  For some it might be to reduce weight and get in shape, so they enlist a company "Big Fanny" to help them work out. It might be that they decide to go back to school. It could be they stopped the intake of alcohol. All of these are good things.

I as well have a resolution for 2019. I laid awake last night praying through this one. I think this will be a tough one for me, because I am not good at it and did not seek it out. It seems as if I was sought out, probably from God, since I was praying about it.

In 2019 my goal is to be a better "Encourager" to others. This is not in my wheel house. I am not a warm fuzzy type of guy. My motto "suck it up buttercup" seems to fit me all too well. But being laid up with these knees that are now barking for Tylenol I have been humbled to have to rely on many people for some of the simplest things. I am pretty good with please and thank you. But encouragement is a foreign tongue to me.

But the Lord is going to help me do better in this arena. I have looked up some verses and I see that God encourages us. I see that His pattern of encouragement it to start with love and end with love. Our true encouragement comes from God. I will do my best to emulate Him as I attempt to be a better "encourager."

Ephesians 6:10 
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might.

Deuteronomy 20:4 
For the Lord your God is he who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies, to give you the victory.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

I want to encourage all of you today to find love, joy peace and happiness in the Lord.

God bless,

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment