Friday, April 20, 2018

Time To Be Young Again 4/20/2018

Good Morning,

One hot cup of Door County Chocolate Caramel Coffee has taken up residence beside me and I will very quickly make it disappear.  Here comes Friday and I am ready for it.

Rene and I were just talking about the need to get away for a few days. I know part of the getaway will be a stop at  a few of our favorite places in Door County Wisconsin.

Psalm 90:12 New King James Version (NKJV)
12 So teach us to number our days,
That we may gain a heart of wisdom.

For about an hour during our visit I will be able to feel young again. We will stop at one of our favorite places to munch on some ice cream. I have always liked a good ice cream cone for as long as I can remember. When I have one of those frozen treats I take a little time to remember the people who took me for an ice cream cone when I was a little boy. Then I will take in a memory or two of eating ice cream with the friends I hung around with in high school. My mind will wander to the many dates with Rene that ended with ice cream, even in January. I can still recall cleaning sprinkles off of my daughter's face who just had to cover her ice cream with those "sugar pills'.

I don't know what Rene thinks about during our ice cream rest stop, but I know that I like to see the smile on her face while she eats ice cream and enjoys our time away together. When I see her dipping her spoon into the dish of ice cream , I don't see my wife of 1 million years. I see that young gal that for some reason said yes to marrying me.

We all need to take some time and slow down, before the days of old age set in and we are back to having others take us for ice cream. We need to take time to taste the vanilla or chocolate. We need to be generous and take those who cannot get out for a frozen treat on a short trip for some memories of their own.  Life is too short to let a good ice cream day go unused.

God bless,

Marty




1 comment: