Monday, April 2, 2018

A New Chain Saw 4/2/2018

Good Morning,

Monday arrived right on time and it is going to be a cold one. So my cup of Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee will be working overtime today.

Proverbs 21:5 New International Version (NIV)
The plans of the diligent lead to profit
    as surely as haste leads to poverty.

Last Saturday I purchased a new chain saw for trimming our trees and cutting firewood for next winter. I have been pricing them for awhile and almost bought one on Friday but decided to wait until I checked out one more brand. I returned on Saturday to the original store and low and behold the saw that I was going to purchase was on sale and twenty dollars cheaper than the day before. I felt blessed to have saved some money and I told Rene about it. She thought it was a blessing also and saw it as an answer to prayer.



Here is what I haven't told you. We have been praying about a few purchases that we need to make, the chain saw being one of them. I do need to trim some fir trees in our yard very soon and the lack of a saw that wasn't twenty years old, leaking gas, and spitting oil all over was holding up the work. So each of the purchases we need to make has been prayed about and will happen when the deal is right and we are comfortable that the purchase is the correct one.

Now the bush in our back yard did not speak to me while it was burning so I can't say that I heard a direct word from God not to buy on Friday.. I just wasn't comfortable with the purchase without looking at the manufacturer's closest competitor and making a comparison.

The lesson here is this. Pray about the purchases you need to make. If the purchase can wait, shop around and seek the best deal. If you can afford it, always buy quality items. When the time is right, you will know it. On Saturday I had determined already which chain saw was best for me and the sale price was a bonus for waiting.
Now on the other hand, if the purchase is not needed and it is just a want in your life, pray about it and wait on a confirmation from God before purchasing. If the purchase is just a want and you need to go into debt for it, stop and do not make the purchase. Don't buy on impulse. You never know when the tires will blow out on your vehicle and the money you used to satisfy a want instead of a need could have been used for your actual emergency. Pray, pray and pray again about purchases.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment