Thursday, April 5, 2018

Deer In The Field 4/5/2018

Good Morning,

Here comes Thursday and it has me looking over the top of my glasses at Friday. My mug was just filled with hot Door County Jamaican Blue Mountain Blend Coffee. I just finished some prayer time and it is now time to write.

Psalm 42;1-3 New King James Version (NKJV)
 42 As the deer pants for the water brooks,
So pants my soul for You, O God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
When shall I come and appear before God?[b]
My tears have been my food day and night,
While they continually say to me,
“Where is your God?”

Last night Rene and I were returning home after meeting two of our dearest friends for dinner. We took the back roads home, hoping to see some wildlife along the route. We were not disappointed at all. It was a little darker outside than I would have liked, but we did see a few white tail deer in the fields. I stopped to try and get a photo of a couple, but they were leery of the Jeep and ran off. Just about 100 yards from my last attempt at a picture I saw two small does walk into some standing water and drink. I decided to just watch them and not interrupt their drink. They were still drinking and watching us when I drove by slowly. I started to slow down and they got nervous. So the photo I wanted eluded me.



They were so content drinking the cool water from the recently melted snow. They looked at peace, an indescribable peace. It is the kind of peace I derive from reading my Bible and spending time in prayer. When I am not afforded enough time for my reading and prayer time, I feel like I am missing something. It's like taking a shower while wearing a rain coat. You see the water but you can't feel it.

By the end of the day I am looking for something to satisfy a soul that was neglected earlier. I am usually restless and not at peace when I am short on time with God. I can identify with the deer who needed a drink of water and found it. Once found, you don't want to leave right away.

If God is your desire then don't hesitate to fill that desire. Go ahead and seek Him out. It is good for the soul.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment