Wednesday, April 4, 2018

The Bible And Dinner 4/4/2018

Good Morning,

Last night as I was studying in the den I was looking out the window and watching the April snow that was falling and blanketing our property with a white cover. It was while watching the snow that I decided that my mug would be filled with Door County Cinnamon Hazelnut Coffee this morning. It was the perfect choice!



Last night right after praying and giving thanks for our dinner I decided to read some Scripture. I read the following passage.

Matthew 6:9-13 New King James Version (NKJV)
In this manner, therefore, pray:
Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
10 Your kingdom come.
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
As we forgive our debtors.
13 And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.

I don't know why I wanted to read from the Bible, but I just did. Before we dined it just felt good to do more than pray. Dinner was good but what stuck with me longer than the ham and potato casserole was the fact that because of Jesus we can call God "Our Father". We belong to a heavenly family, who is reminded to forgive others freely. We were told again that God gives us our daily food and our bread is His word. We are once again reminded to ask for protection from evil. This meal was complete from beginning to end because we also dined on God's Word.

Matthew 4:4 New King James Version (NKJV)
But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’”

At the end of dinner my stomach was filled with good food and my soul was content and full as well. Try it, you just might like it.

God bless,

Marty

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment