Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Searching For Answers 4/11/2018

Good Morning,

There is a cup of Door County Strawberry Smoothie Coffee waiting for me downstairs after I finish writing. I had a sweet time in prayer yesterday and I hope today is the same.

I find myself seeking wisdom these days and searching for the answers I need on a couple fronts. So I have been petitioning God for His word from above. I truly believe that God speaks and yesterday He spoke clearly.



When we are in a spot where we need wisdom on a decision or path we can and should go to God for His direction. This takes time and we need to be prepared to accept the answer. But seek His wisdom.

James 1:5 New International Version (NIV)
If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you

Now once we ask for wisdom, we wait in faith for the answer. God spoke through Scripture to me, confirming the plan that seemed to be going through my head over and over again. Basically He told me to wait and continue to listen.
 
Psalm 46:10 New King James Version (NKJV)
10 Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!

Now, although I did not at first like the answer to be still and wait it was not surprising that once I accepted the answer, I was at peace for the first time in a long time.

Philippians 4:6-7 New King James Version (NKJV)
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
 
Friends, God is always faithful to listen and in His time He answers. For awhile I need to wait and trust God to later give me the answers to my questions. But His answer to be still and know that He is God is fine with me. I am at peace in Him. You can be too. It just takes a walk with God.
 
God bless,
 
Marty

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning Brother,
    Praise and thanks to our God for your faithful Blog posts.
    Always timely,informative and encouraging spiritual food for our lives - one gifted day at a time.
    God bless you and your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gary. You always have been very encouraging to me.

      Delete