Saturday, April 14, 2018

Duck Boats And Buddys 4/14/2018



Good Morning.

Door County Blueberry Cobbler Coffee filled my mug this morning. It is cold and windy outside and a good day to stay inside the garage and start a couple of projects.



This past week I started the process of getting my two duck boats ready for next season. I am blessed to have two boats. One is smaller for little ponds and dragging to a river. The other is bigger for larger bodies of water.

I was able to purchase the smaller one at an estate sale one year. Once I got it home I quickly cleaned it, sanded it and sprayed a coat of duck boat paint on it. I knew it would be OK for the season but it really needed two coats. Well the second coat was finally applied over a few days. We used the boat quite a bit last year and I really enjoyed the time spent in it with friends and my dog Gibbs. As I was staring at  the boat and thinking about  the repainting process, I started to think about every guy who went out with me in that boat. They are all good men, honest and hard working. I am blessed to call them friends. I stopped planning for awhile just long enough to say thank you to God for those friends. I stopped to count my blessings.

Psalm 103:2 ESV          
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits,

Today. Count your blessings. And I bet when you count them you will find that you count someone!

God bless,
Marty

2 comments: