Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Making Lunch For My Wife 4/3/2018

Good Morning,

The weather has some bite to it and I am biting it back with a hot cup of Door County Cherry Crème Coffee. Nothing like that first cup of coffee in the morning!

Rene and I split the duties around our home and to be honest I still think she does more around here than I do. But one of the chores I like is making our lunches the night before going to work. We both then take our lunches in the morning  and go in opposite directions to different hospitals for our employment.

I pack the things she likes and try to make a balanced lunch. So for instance last night I made one of her favorites. 1 peanut butter and jelly sandwich. The peanut butter must be spread on both pieces of bread for the sandwich to meet her standards. I added a small container of green seedless grapes and a small bag of carrot sticks. I pray over her lunch and for her. The lunch is blessed from above and her day is protected.

I learned a long time ago that the home is shared and duties are split. But most of all,  to be an effective leader a man needs to be a humble servant to his family. If it takes making lunches and making them good to do my share or more, then so be it. A man should take care of his family.

True leadership is servanthood, and the greatest leader of all time is Jesus Christ. Servanthood is an attitude exemplified by Christ “who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, taking the form of a servantPhilippians 2:6-7. The five words in the New Testament translated “ministry” generally refer to servanthood or service given in love. Serving others is the very essence of ministry. All believers are called to ministry Matthew 28:18-20, and, therefore, we are all called to be servants for the glory of God. Living is giving; all else is selfishness and boredom.

We must serve one another in love.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment