Thursday, April 26, 2018

Thankful For? 4/26/2018

Good Morning,

Thursday is letting me peek over my glasses and look at Friday. This day began with a cup of Door County Lakeside Fuzzy Naval Coffee and an apple. The apple was great after it was dipped in a little peanut butter.



Last night after dinner I went to our back yard with our dog Gibbs and while we were doing some training for hunting I was noticing just how nice it was outside. It wasn't too cold and it felt really nice to be outside getting some fresh air. I said to God, "thanks for letting me get home early enough from work to enjoy this.

Philippians 4:11-13 New International Version (NIV)
11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

I started a short time of prayer just saying what I was thankful for. It started with friends and family. I gave thanks for my trusty sidekick dog. I then was thankful for the ability to attend church and serve.
The list went on for a good while and I could have gone on for an hour longer. I ended on being thankful for our Savior and Lord Jesus Christ. He should have been the first on my list to be thankful for.I found that when I spent time on being thankful for Jesus and His love, the time just seemed to go on and on. The sun started to set and now I had one more thing to be thankful for. I felt content spending time with God, praising Him with thanks. I discovered that during this time I did pray for others and their needs, but I didn't have any needs of my own. I was thankful for that.

When we start being thankful for what we have, we tend to not concentrate on what we don't have.

Contentment is the key to praising God.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment