Saturday, April 28, 2018

Mothers Day. Something To Look Forward To. 4/28/2018

Good Morning,

This morning finds me needing the fireplace to warm up the house. The sun is shining but there is a definite chill in the air. My mug is filled with Door County Chocolate Caramel Truffle Coffee and the dog is sitting on my feet like always.

Proverbs 31:10 English Standard Version (ESV)
10  An excellent wife who can find?
    She is far more precious than jewels.

My mother in law will be 91 years young soon and she puts the A in active. She still lives in her own home, can drive safely, cooks her meals and still wins 1st place ribbons at the county fair for her canning, and crafts. She attends church and still serves others in the community.



For the last couple of years she has been going with us to Door County Wisconsin for a long weekend on Mothers day. We make arrangements for a house and dog sitter and off we go. The house sitter is another blessing I will write about soon.. My goal in the trip is to see these two classy ladies have a good time. They already have their weekend itinerary worked out and I just hope the car can hold all the things they plan on bringing home. They both like a good fish fry and we will be sure to have one on Friday night. One will have baked fish, the other fried. They both will say "Oh that's so much fish". But there won't be any left.

I watch the two of them and although they can't see it, my wife and her mother are a lot alike. It is fun to watch them go from one antique shop to another and they both let me know exactly where the ice cream emporium is. It does my heart good to be a part of their weekend. I am thankful for Rene and the gal that raised her. How does one repay someone for giving you the gift of a Godly wife? When my wife was born I am sure the last thing on her mothers mind was Rene's future husband. How can you ever repay God for the blessings of a Godly partner? I have come to this conclusion, you can't. You can only appreciate who was given to you and be thankful and treat them as a cherished gift. God makes it impossible to repay blessings. I will never know why He does it that way.
 
Psalm 116:12 New International Version (NIV)
12 What shall I return to the Lord
    for all his goodness to me?

I am looking forward to that weekend when I can participate, but more so, watch and be thankful for what I have been blessed with.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment