Wednesday, December 13, 2017

What I See In Our Christmas Tree 12/13/2017

Good Morning,

I have extra time on my hands today so my script will be a little longer. It is quiet and peaceful as I write and my head is not filled with the thoughts of going to work today. This short vacation is much needed for this worn body and tired soul. I will refresh the soul with time in The Word of God and I will refresh my body with a cup of Door County Candy Cane Coffee.



Rene and I love to put up our Christmas tree. If I would agree to it, she would leave it up year round. On the tree I see many things. Our collection of ornaments do not match. They are memories, collected one by one as we have traveled to places in the world. Some are memories of parents, and our dogs. There are plenty of homemade ornaments given to us by our daughter and grand kids. I actually made a couple with pheasant feathers. So the ornaments are a potpourri of our life together. The tree has plenty of lights to shine on each memory and illuminate the blessings God has given us.

On the other hand I see a tree. A tree that came into the world for a purpose. A tree that would bear the sins of the world. A tree of love that stood tall during persecution and death. A tree that would rise up again and bring the gift of eternal life to the world if the choose to accept the gift. A tree that doesn't need lights, It is the Light of the World. For this thought I turn to the Old Testament.

Isaiah 11:1-10New International Version (NIV)

The Branch From Jesse

11 A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse;
    from his roots a Branch will bear fruit.
The Spirit of the Lord will rest on him—
    the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding,
    the Spirit of counsel and of might,
    the Spirit of the knowledge and fear of the Lord
and he will delight in the fear of the Lord.
He will not judge by what he sees with his eyes,
    or decide by what he hears with his ears;
but with righteousness he will judge the needy,
    with justice he will give decisions for the poor of the earth.
He will strike the earth with the rod of his mouth;
    with the breath of his lips he will slay the wicked.
Righteousness will be his belt
    and faithfulness the sash around his waist.
The wolf will live with the lamb,
    the leopard will lie down with the goat,
the calf and the lion and the yearling[a] together;
    and a little child will lead them.
The cow will feed with the bear,
    their young will lie down together,
    and the lion will eat straw like the ox.
The infant will play near the cobra’s den,
    and the young child will put its hand into the viper’s nest.
They will neither harm nor destroy
    on all my holy mountain,
for the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the Lord
    as the waters cover the sea.
10 In that day the Root of Jesse will stand as a banner for the peoples; the nations will rally to him, and his resting place will be glorious.
 
I see in our tree a symbol of Jesus Christ and His love, peace, hope and joy. I see in our tree His strength to stand and judge the world, yet have compassion to light the way for those who seek Him. I see gifts beneath the tree and they remind me once again of the gift Jesus gave to us, by dying for our sins.
 
I am one who likes to light up our Christmas tree at night and enjoy the glow of the fireplace. I like to sip on some hot chocolate and rest while thinking and praying. It is a place of respite for me. I look up at the tree and I ask myself this question. Who am I that a King would come to Earth to bleed and die for me? And then I am reminded of His compassion and love, and the Light of the world came for all, even me.
 
God bless,
 
Marty
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment