Monday, December 25, 2017

Merry Christmas. God With Us 2017

Good Morning,

My old mug is filled with Door County White Christmas Coffee and my heart is filled with peace, love and joy.



I am still like a little boy when it comes to Christmas. I need to be awake early, as if I were anticipating Santa leaving presents under the tree. But, unhappily I aged and Santa doesn't come to our house anymore.  My surroundings are peaceful. The Christmas tree is illuminated and the fireplace is crackling. There is gentle Christmas music in the background playing all of my favorite songs. The dog wants to be fed and he is looking for his weekly egg. I know God joined me here this morning.

Matthew 1:22-23New King James Version (NKJV)
22 So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying: 23 “Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, “God with us.”

Last night we were blessed to be able to have family here for dinner. Memories were made once more. Later this morning, more family will arrive for brunch and the house will be filled with happiness, but the quiet will be gone. I don't mind the quiet leaving for awhile because the laughter and love of those gathering together will take it's place.

As I gaze out of the window in my den I see a frozen tundra with a snowy landscape. I have been sitting here counting my blessings and at the same time, my heart is a little heavy. There are family members that because of the great distance that separates us we, won't be together. We will talk on the phone later and exchange a picture or two via text messages. It will just have to do.

I have been thanking God for all of my blessings. If you are reading this today I want you to know you were just prayed for. I just asked God to bless all of you with what you need. I asked Him to bless you as only He can. In return I am asking you to do something. Please pray for others today. Spread happiness, peace and joy to someone. Be humble and kind, share what you have and make Christmas a better day by being there for others. Say a prayer and ask God to make you a blessing to someone today.

Merry Christmas to all of you. I love you lots.

Marty

2 comments: