Thursday, December 21, 2017

It's Only A Yes Away 12/21/2017

Good Morning,


It was one long night at work and it carried into this morning. But for some reason I am bright eyed and ready to embrace the day, at least for now. I just poured a cup of Door County White Christmas Coffee and now it is time to write.






I have used this expression before. "If you say you can, you will. If you say you can't you won't" I hear a few people now and then say "I can't enjoy the holidays. I want them to be over. I will be miserable, why try?"

When I think about Christmas, I am reminded of a King who left His home in Glory to come to Earth as a baby. I am reminded of what kind of love that it took to leave heaven and know that His ultimate mission was to die on a cross for us.

When people spout off and can't get beyond circumstances and celebrate the birth of their Savior it is not the Savior who needs to do something, it is the one with the bad attitude that needs to change. They are as close to God as they choose to be. All it takes is a "Yes I want to change. Lord help me"

My friends, Jesus is still here to straighten out lives and provide salvation. He knows those who are just fine and get the reason for the season. He comes yet to save a lost world. He is their for the sick of heart.


Luke 15:1-7New International Version (NIV)

The Parable of the Lost Sheep

15 Now the tax collectors and sinners were all gathering around to hear Jesus. But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law muttered, “This man welcomes sinners and eats with them.”
Then Jesus told them this parable: “Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn’t he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’ I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.


You can enjoy the holidays, you just need to accept the help of the Shepherd.  Merry Christmas.

Marty




No comments:

Post a Comment