Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Lights To Remember 12/5/2017

Good Morning,

I just woke up and my mind is like a race track with a 500 mile race and I am running out of gas for the engine. So this cup of Door County Dublin's Delight Coffee is better than a pit stop.



In my quest to spot people doing a good thing for others I found one right under my nose. Each year at the hospital where I work we light up a Christmas Tree affectionately named the "Love Light Tree". People can purchase a light on the tree in memory of someone else who passed away. Obviously the light is meant to make us who are left here on Earth feel good as we remember a loved one. The money raised from the light sale goes to cancer treatment for others.  The tree with all of it's lights is a grand sight.

Proverbs 1:8 Listen, my son, to your father’s instruction and do not forsake your mother’s teaching.

Songs are sung around the tree at the lighting ceremony and fellowship is had. Every now and then I see some tears in the eyes of those surrounding the tree. Sometimes, memories are hard on the tear ducts.

What is important is that people find a place to remember, celebrate or mourn privately and corporately. The tree shines all the way into January. I saw it yesterday as the lights were being clipped to the tree. I smiled and remembered my parents. I took some time to thank God for those two who cared for us, taught us and set us on the road to life. My memory irritated my tear ducts.

I believe Christmas tends to bring out the best in people. More tomorrow.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment