Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Christmas Trees In An Ambulance? 12/6/2017

Good Morning,

Nothing like waking up to a hot cup of Door County Candy Coffee and our dog wagging his tail. It's more than this guy deserves.



In my search to find someone doing something nice for others  during the Christmas Season I stumbled on to another one. Tuesday's are extremely busy for me and usually by 5:15 PM I am beat and in need of a five minute rest stop. Last night was no different than any other Tuesday. My wife Rene had the local news tuned in on the television. I sat down and listened for five minutes. The reporter was talking about a local ambulance company. For the last twenty years this company has been purchasing fresh Christmas trees and delivering them with ornaments and lights to homeless shelters and rescue missions. The ambulance company actually delivers these fresh trees inside of an ambulance. Now if you have ever dealt with fresh fir trees you would know that the ambulance has to be filled with pine needles at the end of the deliveries. This clean up job has to be a chore, to say the least.

Proverbs 19:17New International Version (NIV)
17 Whoever is kind to the poor lends to the Lord,
    and he will reward them for what they have done.

What I see in this story is a company who has a kind heart. The owner leads by example and sets the compassion bar pretty high. I am always amazed at the stories of kindness that come out during December. They are "Chicken Soup For The Soul". My heart is warmed to the soul when I see these random acts of kindness. My faith in God's creation is restored by these acts. So for a moment, an hour, or a day, all seems right with the world for me. These kind people give a gift to me when I hear of these unselfish actions. They give back to me a piece of my heart, that the world has stolen each day with war, crime and politics. Christmas has a way of bringing out the best in people. So are you ready to give someone the gift of their own heart? Be kind. Be humble. Be nice. Be generous.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment