Friday, December 22, 2017

A Cup Of Christmas Cheer 12/22/2017

Good Morning,

I had a long night last night and I need my cup of coffee. Today's cup will be Door County Dublin's Delight Coffee.

Throughout many, many, years I have heard the expression of "Have a cup of Christmas cheer". I never quite understood that statement and for years I thought that it meant a cup of an alcoholic beverage. Which I am sure is what many people believe it means. Or it could be a cup of anything. But what about the cup that never runs dry?

I want to propose a different thought.

The Lord the Shepherd of His People

A Psalm of David.

23 The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell[a] in the house of the Lord
Forever.

Friends, those who have received Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior always have a cup of Christmas cheer. They are saved and will spend eternity with God. In fact their cup of cheer runs over. They know the true meaning of Christmas. They experience a daily cup of cheer.

Merry Christmas, May your Christmas last for eternity.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment