Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Humor And Laughter 12/12/2017

Good Morning,

A cup of Door County White Christmas Coffee has taken up residence next to me and I made sure it is not lonely. I added some grapes to a plate and together they make for a great breakfast. I am blessed and glad to be here.



I am one who likes for laughter to be a part of my life. There is nothing like a good, funny story being shared with others that can light up a moment. Sometimes laughter brings joy into a room that is void of any joy whatsoever. But laughter is like the wind. It blows in and is usually gone in minutes. Sometimes it returns when the moment is relived, but the original never compares with the rerun.

I believe that a life that contains wholesome humor and laughter is a healthy life. Humor and laughter though ,should not be the substitute for pure joy. Now there are several types of joy that can be found  in life. A wedding day brings joy. A newborn child or grandchild brings joy. A promotion at work brings joy. A vacation brings joy. Hitting the winning shot in a basketball game brings joy. But these are all temporary. You don't receive a promotion every day, and you hopefully get married only once. All of these are good and should be cherished as gifts from God.

During this Christmas Season I want to point us to the Source of True Daily Joy. True time spent with Jesus Christ is the source of true joy. The time spent with Him in a relationship that is nurtured by prayer and being in the Word is a joy that is renewed daily. This is not a rerun of yesterday, but a new experience which brings joy, beyond humor and laughter.

John 15:9-15

“As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. 10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.
11 “These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. 12 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. 14 You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. 15 No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you.

Friends enjoy some humor and good times during this Christmas Season. But don't forget to experience true joy on a daily basis. Spend time living a love relationship with Jesus and cherish the new joy it brings each day.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment