Friday, December 1, 2017

Over Parked 12/1/2017

Good Morning,

December made it right on time. I want to be the first one to say "Merry Christmas". I broke out the Door County Christmas Coffee just for today. Happy happy, happy!



I am going tot attempt to spot people doing nice things for others and write about them as much as I can this month.

This one for today is a little humorous for me. All week long I have been at another medical center taking a class for continuing education purposes. My wife Rene and I both work for the same hospital system, but at different hospitals. This week found me visiting where she works. This hospital has three parking structures and they fill up quick. Rene starts very early in the morning and usually has the first pick on spaces. On Monday when I arrived three hours later than her I drove right past her car. There it was in row 1, spot 1, right near the exit. I kind of chuckled and later when I walked by I placed a note on her windshield. ( A little love note)

Galatians 6:7-9New International Version (NIV)
Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

I couldn't help but notice that she had parked way over to the left of her parking space. She was on the end but was parked a foot into the neutral zone on the drivers side of her car. SHE WAS IN THE YELLOW PAINT! Once I got home for the evening I forgot to mention her "over park". But the next morning, there she was again 1st floor, 1st row, 1st spot over parked !!!!

I made a mental note and could wait to get home to give my trusty "backseat driver a little verbal jab in fun. I left another love note and went to my class. Once I was home for the night I said " did you see my note?"  Rene replied "yes and thank you. That was nice." Then I was set for my parking zinger. I said to her. "Nice park job Babe. Can't seem to stay out of the yellow can you?" "I do that on purpose" she replied. " I give the person on my right more room to get into their car. The spaces are rather small and with winter coats being worn now, it's hard to get in and out without getting your coat dirty. I think I am being really nice."

She had me again!!!!!!!!!!! She was thinking of the other person and not of herself. She parked in a way that made her look silly, but did the one person on her right a lot of good. Then came the finisher. "I know the person on my right and when she gets there before me, she gives me some extra room. I guess I reap what I sow! Any other wise observations from the peanut gallery?"

I was silent. I jumped to an assumption and got burned. But deep down I was proud. Those are the types of thing my wife does.

God bless,

Marty

1 comment:

  1. Ouch! That makes me chuckle. :) You two are so fun. Love ya both-praying for yas!

    ReplyDelete