Sunday, December 31, 2017

Saying Goodbye To 2017 12/31/2017

Good Morning,

My mind seems to be all over the place today and gathering it in will take some Door County White Christmas Coffee and prayer to do the job.



The year 2017, like any other year brought to some, joy, tragedy, death, peace, fear, uncertainty, change, (wanted or unwanted). I for one experienced a little bit of each of those items above.

Isaiah 41:10New King James Version (NKJV)
10 Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’

I do want to talk about some of the joys I witnessed. I saw a drug addict overcome her addictions and become a poster child for change. I saw a family or two reunited after times of turmoil. I saw cancer victims stricken with that evil disease be pronounced cured. I was able to witness people at their best, helping one another, easing a burden, or just plain old being nice. There was the young man who suffered a severe stroke and his young pregnant wife had to stop life support. But the life did not stop. He was there to see their child be born and is almost 100% recovered. I watched a premature baby who defied all odds fight for life and make it.

In all that I saw beautiful, peaceful sunrises and sunsets. I enjoyed great coffee every day and I heard the words "I love you" from my wife and family. I heard the announcement of an upcoming birth from a couple who I had officiated at their wedding. I tasted and stored the fruits of our garden and was able to share plenty with friends. I dined on a few things that I hunted and was blessed to see our dog retrieve his 1000th bird. Some of my friends left this world and went to heaven. They are missed, but they are better off. I went to work and received a pay check for doing something I like.

Friends I chose today to count my blessings and celebrate the good things of 2017 instead of recalling some of the hurt, pain and sorrow. I choose to be thankful for what I was given, not miserable for the tings that made me cringe or sorrowful.

So today, for a moment or two, how about spending some time counting your blessings and being thankful for each one. Raise your coffee cup or juice glass and say out loud "Thank You God for 2017. I made it through and I am counting on You for 2018. I will face the new year and I know I will never be alone".  Look for God in the good and the bad.  He will be there as always in 2018.


Have a great day!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment