Saturday, December 9, 2017

Waiting On The Weather 12/9/2017

Good Morning,

Wow slow start to a vacation for us. Sitting here at home enjoying a nice cup of Door County Christmas Coffee.



Not all plans work out as planned. We were to leave Wisconsin last night, turn our dog and home over to our Nephew Nick to house and dog sit as we traveled to Florida for a family visit. When we arrived at the airport last night we were told that our flight was cancelled due to snowy weather in the Southern United States. We find this somewhat funny as we live in the area where cold and snow is common. The thought of Atlanta and Charlotte North Carolina having snow and ice issues just seems absurd. But in reality it happened,. So we are waiting on another flight today.

I thought about this and accepted that my plans are not always God's plans. There is a reason we are still home and I am not sure yet. I will know why, one of these minutes or days.  But I just need to trust God that He has our best interest at heart.

Isaiah 55:8-12

For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
    neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts.
10 As the rain and the snow
    come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
    without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
    so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
    It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
    and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
12 You will go out in joy
    and be led forth in peace;
the mountains and hills
    will burst into song before you,

and all the trees of the field
    will clap their hands.
So we will wait on the weather and the Lord.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment