Monday, December 11, 2017

Popcorn. A Gift From a Child 12/11/2017

Good Morning,

Still vacationing in Florida and I am enjoying a cup of Door County Gingerbread Spice Latte and time with my family. In my search of finding people doing nice things for others I was reading this item posted on Facebook by my neighbor.

"Had to share this moment from today. Many homeless people fill the streets (as we all know), especially in big cities. My kids had several questions for Matt and I every time we passed a person without a home today. We answered the questions the best we could. While waiting in a long line for the famous Garretts popcorn, Brady asked us if he could buy some to give to the homeless man outside the store. So, we bought the man some popcorn. Brady insisted on taking it to the man. I watched him hand the bag to the man and then heard Brady's sweet voice say "I hope you have a Merry Christmas ". 😢 Brady then looked at us with tears in his eyes. Matt and I couldn't help but tear up too. Such a great moment!"


Here is what I can tell you about my encounters with our neighbor's children. They are sports minded kids. They play in the neighborhood like any other kids. Every time I have encountered them I am always greeted with smiles, courtesy and respect. They are always polite.  You see them playing, but seldom if at all are they ever loud. The two boys watch out for their sister and they are always kind to the animals in the neighborhood.

This says quite a bit about the parents. Both parents work hard, keep up a nice yard and what you see in the kids comes from the parents. The story above, does not surprise me at all.

Proverbs 22:6New King James Version (NKJV)
Train up a child in the way he should go,
And when he is old he will not depart from it.

Christmas has a way of bringing out the best in people.  I love this time of year.

Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment