Friday, December 15, 2017

One Beautiful Voice 12/15/2017

Good Morning,

My day is beginning with spending some time with family and it will end too soon for my liking. I hear the Door County White Christmas Coffee brewing a few feet from me and soon I will be waking up my Aunt and wife so we can get going. This is a day that I look forward. Our little family will gather for a holiday dinner. Tomorrow we will be flying home, looking at pictures of today, planning if the Lord wills our next time together.



Last night we went out to dine at an Italian restaurant, which has become our favorite place to go. The food as always was excellent and I was proud of myself for avoiding the one pound lasagna dinner. It tempted me beyond measure. But I withstood the temptation barrage with whimpering and whining.

Proverbs 11:25New International Version (NIV)
25 A generous person will prosper;
    whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.


During our dinner a customer at a table across from us was celebrating a birthday. The customary way to acknowledge a birthday in this emporium of calories is to have several of the wait staff come and sing "Happy Birthday". We saw the celebratory mountain of ice cream sundae arrive to the table in the hands of a waitress. But the singing gang of coworkers did not come with it. Then we saw her take in a deep breath and begin sing all alone. The music that came forth from this skinny lady was awesome. She had a voice worthy of show business. She then returned to our table to close out her service with us and we complimented her on the beautiful way she sang. She shyly thanked us and wished us a Merry Christmas. Now it was my turn to do something nice for someone during the Christmas Season. As I was preparing to pay our bill I wrote Merry Christmas God Bless on the invoice and doubled the amount on the tip. I haven't done this in a few years. I used to go out for breakfast with a friend and we would leave a large tip for our waiter or waitress at Christmas. It was time to do it again. As we walked away I saw her open the folder with the bill and the tip. She looked up and around and we were already just about out of the door. The smile on her face was huge and worth every penny. If you haven't experienced surprising someone like this, do so. It is a heart warming time and in most cases can be done anonymously.

Christmas has a way of bringing out the best in people. Have a great day!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment