Thursday, December 14, 2017

Christmas Card From Heaven 12/14/2017

Good Morning,

I am listening to the quiet being disturbed by my Door County Spicy Nutcracker Coffee perking in the kitchen. It is so quiet where we are staying and the sun is just coming up. The noise from the coffee maker almost seems like a crime. It's not very often that I sit in such silence.



Rene is very diligent about sending out Christmas cards. Some of our cards are actually purchased in July. Every year a cause which we support by purchasing Christmas cards, sends out a flyer with this year's options for Christmas greetings. It takes us a couple of days to decide which ones will be  sent out in December. Yes it supports wild life.

We take an annual trip to Florida in December to visit our daughter, son in law and grandkids. My aunt lives there also. It is sort of a mini reunion every year. While in Florida, Rene finishes writing all the cards and then mails them from the local post office. She thinks it's cool to have them stamped and sent from another state. I just laugh at her and tell her she's "something else". But if it floats her boat and makes her feel good, so be it.

We do receive a good amount of cards ourselves. I look forward to reading them each day after I come home from work. They are uplifting and in some cards we actually catch up on the news from our friends and their families.

But today we find ourselves concerned with the health of three of our relatives and two friends who are like family to us. I will keep their names and titles out of the story to protect their privacy. We received unexpected news from two of them yesterday and have been in prayer for them as well as the others. All of them are weighing on my heart heavily.  I also received the news that someone who had a huge impact on my life passed away. Earlier this morning as I was thinking about each of them and praying, my heart opened a Christmas card from heaven. In my daily reading of God's Word it directed me to a passage that was definitely signed, sealed and delivered from Heaven.

1 Peter 5:7New King James Version (NKJV)
casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you

This passage was an open invitation to just talk with God and let Him know my feelings and ask Him to take care of our loved ones. In this verse we find that God knows our weaknesses and how we often can't cope as well as we should with circumstances. He will be there to take care of these who we love and He also wants us to lean on Him.

Friends, God is able and willing to send out love notes, Christmas cards, and invitations through His Word every day. We just need to take time to sit and communicate with Him. Basically we need to open the mail from His heart to ours

Psalm 139:4New King James Version (NKJV)
For there is not a word on my tongue,
But behold, O Lord, You know it altogether.

He delivers through rain, sleet, snow, and through all the storms of life.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment