Saturday, December 17, 2016

I Wouldn't Have Missed It For The World 12/17/2016

Good Morning,

Door County Jingle Bell Java filled my cup and travel Thermos this morning. Rene and I are headed back from Florida to frozen Wisconsin today. What a difference that will be. From sand beaches to white snow.

Proverbs 11:16New International Version (NIV)
16 A kindhearted woman gains honor,
    but ruthless men gain only wealth

We sure had a wonderful time with our family in Florida. It is always nice to visit, leave some love there and return with our hearts filled with a big dose of love also.

Today my mind wanders back to 12/17/1978 when our daughter Kristy came into the world. It was a cold, snowy Wisconsin day and the next two weeks after she was born had some of the heaviest snowfalls that I can recall. We were living in an apartment at that time and I could not wait for Kristy to be old enough for me to pull her in a sleigh. I remember starting to build a seat that same winter and attaching it to a sled for the following year. Living in an apartment did not allow me to cut wood inside the building. I remember stretching an extension cord out of the window to cut the wood that I managed to save from pallets that were in great shape. Money was pretty short back then but my princess was going to have a great box seat on a new sleigh by the next year.
Image result for free images of snow sleds



I did get to pull that sleigh the following year and I was so proud to be pulling her. Yesterday I needed a little pull up from a chair. These knees of mine were acting up and Kristy reached over to pull up her old man. The tables have turned and these knees need to be fixed. But as proud as I was to build that seat and pull my little girl around in the yard I was just as proud to have her reach out with her hand to grab mine and give a pull. But I did not see the hand of an adult woman, I saw that tiny little hand that was placed in mine on 12/17/78 when God blessed me with a compassionate child who turned into a compassionate woman. I am so proud to call her daughter.

Happy Birthday Kristy.

Love Dad


No comments:

Post a Comment