Monday, December 5, 2016

A Long Walk On A Snowy Day 12/5/2016

Good Morning,

I am hitting the ground running. This week has a whole lot going on before it ends. I for one need my mug filled with Door County Candy Cane Coffee.



I anticipated this upcoming week and knew that it is going to be hectic to say the least. So yesterday afternoon I went with a friend, our dog Gibbs and a shot gun to do some hunting. The day was snowy and slippery. The cold air mixed with snowflakes felt good on my face. We walked for about an hour and a half and bagged a few game birds. The dog worked in close by, so the walk was at a leisurely pace. The cold fresh air and exercise had both dog and man sleeping very early last night.

The walk was just what I needed and the fresh air that forced me to sleep well, was God sent. As we were hunting, my mind led me to pray a little. The prayer was for this week, a friend's health, and a couple of other things. There was just two men and a dog out there, but I knew that I was walking with more. God used the weather, a walk, and some snow to calm my mind, make me tired and also to fill my freezer. I was humbled to know that God was walking with us. What a nice day it was, one I will remember for a long time.


Micah 6:8New International Version (NIV)
He has shown you, O mortal, what is good.
    And what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
    and to walk humbly with your God.
 
When was the last time you took God walking with you? Isn't it about time?
 
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment