Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Always Your Child 12/7/2016

Good Morning!

Tuesday is always a busy day for me. This one is no different.  So to help me enjoy the busy day I have chosen to brew some Door County Christmas Coffee.



Back in 1978 we were blessed to welcome our little girl Kristy Marie into this world. She has grown into a fine woman and has a family of her own now.  No matter how old I get or how old she gets, Kristy will always be my little girl. Nothing has changed. I still pray for her, worry about her, cheer her on, and at times tell her to rest. I loved her then and I love her more every day.

I remember when she started her teen social life. She would go somewhere and then Rene and I would pray for her and her friends. I have one regret about this. What we should have done was to pray with Kristy before she went out. Kristy still tells us about the family plans. We always remember to pray for them while they are having family adventures as well as our normal daily prayers for them. There are times when I wish I was there to pray with them. The many miles between us keep that from happening.

Matthew 19:13-15New International Version (NIV)
13 Then people brought little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked them.
14 Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” 15 When he had placed his hands on them, he went on from there

So here is what I learned. If you can make it happen.  Pray with your kids before they leave for an outing. Cars go fast, temptation abounds, the world gets crazy. Have them pray with you. Invite their friends in for prayer. Teach them to pray. Let them know you pray.

You never really stop praying for them. After all they are still your baby and always will be.

God bless.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment