Friday, December 9, 2016

But As For Me And My House 12/9/2016

Good Morning,

This Friday has begun and it crept up on me. I wish I had an extra Thursday so I could catch up. It would make Friday a lot easier. Well every day deserves a great cup of coffee and my choice is Door County Inn Keepers Blend.

Joshua 24:15New International Version (NIV)
15 But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.”

I was talking with a young couple yesterday.  They are working hard to restore a broken marriage and I believe they are headed in the right direction. I see the husband a lot and can always tell how things are going by reading his face. He wears his heart on his face. We chat often, pray often and seek God's plan for their day. As they develop individually in their relationships with Jesus Christ, they develop more as a couple. You could see hope in their eyes yesterday. They do have a long road ahead but I believe if they continue to put God first in their lives they will make it.

This journey they are on is a spiritual battle and they need to load up their spiritual guns. Rene and I learned a long time ago that as a couple we needed to take a stand very early in our marriage. The choice was clear. Do we choose to love and serve God as a house united? Or do we become a couple of "church convenience" and have a lukewarm relationship with God. We chose to love and serve the Lord together. This is a loaded spiritual gun!!

There have been ups and downs for us like every marriage experiences. But the word divorce just isn't in our vocabulary. Loving each other and serving one another is a form of serving the Lord. We take care of one another, provide comfort and support to each other. We worship and pray together. We serve others together. In that way we stay spiritually strong for the battles that choose to come our way. A whole marriage is serving the Lord. A whole marriage should lead always to a  greater opportunity to serve God in other ways.



Do you want a great Christmas present? Choose this day Who you will serve, and see if Christmas just isn't a little sweeter?

God bless,

Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment